Monday 28 February 2011

Lonely, but content

Two children back at school, leaving me with one, who is bored and lonely.
The post just arrived, it gets later every day. A mobile bill for me, a letter for HIM with 'OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION OF AWARD' printed on it in a fake ink stamp font. I've also been lucky enough to get a pile of junk mail, four items in total. My favourite is the Farm Foods mailshot, it folds out to A1 size. The pictures look like a catalogue of foods which are guaranteed to cause bowel cancer, obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. There should be a government warning at the end. Having said all that, the grub looks just the sort of stuff you fancy when you've got a killer hangover, or you're still pissed.
I've been into town, had to do some food shopping because the car is broken and I didn't have any money on the weekend. I do enjoy shopping for fruit at the greengrocers, meat at the butchers and so on, but it gets very heavy. Supermarkets are difficult places for me, even when I haven't got the children in tow. All the noise distracts me, I eavesdrop constantly on other people's conversations (have done since I was a child) so that is another major distraction. I'm led by my senses too, so end up touching and sniffing everything, going around in circles and falling prey to every marketing ploy going. I come home with bags and bags of stuff, but no real grocery shopping.
I spent £5 in the Air Ambulance charity shop, my favourite because very few items are over £2. A pair of jeans each for the little ones , a T-shirt and  a knitted tunic for me. Toddler was screaming a lot, too cold for him and he refuses to keep a hat and gloves on.

 I now need to tackle all the chores I have put off for two weeks, but I'm sure I'll come up with something better to do.





I'm quite lonely today, but I don't particularly want company. Sometimes I'll invite a friend over for a cuppa and a chat and regret it. Nothing gets done, then I have to rush around late afternoon which is my lull time. I will look back on days like this when I'm working and wish I was a 'stay at home mum' again. Does anyone know a better term than 'stay at home mum'? I don't like it, but I'm not married so 'housewife' doesn't feel right either, even though you can still be married to the house, as I  am.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry I am having to filter comments at the moment